Wills

  • Susan Pelton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2000
      I found four wills in Perquimans Co. N.C. that are of interest. They are
      Thomas (Son of Jacob, son of Abraham), Jacob (son of Abraham), Isaac (brother
      of Jacob), and a James that I do not recognize.

      Thomas was supposed to have died intestate, according to Dr Waits information
      but he obviously did not. He wills everything to his Levy and if he died first
      to his two daughters, Kate and Sarah. (The Kate is difficult to read and has
      been previously read as Pat) He also stipulates that a Joseph Mullen be raised
      and schooled by his widow, Ann. Who is to have use of his possessions until
      her death.

      Isaac gives all to his son Joseph all his land. He gives his daughter, Rebecca
      several items and specifically refers to them as his TWO children.
      The wife is Elizabeth.
      He appoints his wife and two brothers, Abraham and Jacob to be the executors
      of the will.

      Jacob mentions and devides his property between four sons, Abraham, Jacob,
      Thomas and Isaac. He also mentions one daughter, Hannah.
      No wife is mentioned and the apparent oldest, Isaac, he sends to a friend to
      live and work. The other three sons, he sends to another friend. The daughter,
      he does not mentions sending away. The boys are all apparently minors and the
      named guardians are specifically called friends.

      The James will I copied, not because I knew who he was but because of the name
      and the place. He mentions only an Elizabeth Callaway and her son Thomas and
      any children she might be pregnant with at the time of his death.

      I have the original copies but I don't think they will send well. I did
      transcribe them and I have the film # so they can be ordered from Salt Lake.
      There are other wills on the two films that may be of interest but I was short
      on time so was unable to check them out well.

      Susan

      Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com