Mullen in Va

  • Susan Pelton
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2000
      I just found a whole lot of Mullens in Charlotte Co., Va. Thomas, William,
      John, and James among them. This is on a 1782 census. The 1782 also show a
      Thomas and John in New Kent as owning property there.

      Also there is an index of wills from 1756 - 1805 of Charlotte. Tomorrow I'm
      going to see if I can order the microfilm. (a whole lot of the names we are
      searching are listed on pages 90 and 178 of book one.)

      There's been a lot going on in our family this last month. We were told that
      our 16 year old had bone cancer on his leg. He was given a blessing before his
      biopsy and so far they have found NOTHING!!!

      My mother broke her arm getting ready to take us to Salt Lake for the results
      of the biopsy. She is doing well.

      While in SL, between appointments I did find the time to do some research. I
      decided to see what I could find on Asa and Mary Holloway. The information is
      puzzling because the only Asa and Mary I found were married after Samuel was
      born. they moved to Ohio. Asa's father George, who was in Charlotte County !,
      moved to Harrison Co., Kentucky. I have his children and they did not marry
      Mullens. Maybe he had a brother Asa?

      My husband is pushing me out the door so I'll let you know what I find.

      Susan

      Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com