well well well....

  • Fuad Mahmood
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2001
      Hmmmm A typical Bangladeshi story...

      I am not surprised that I got the invitation to join
      muktochinta. The message was not that sincere, I
      guess, because I hardly contributed to bdesh and I am
      not that witty either. Anyway, yet, I thought I would
      joing this group, not to betray bdesh, but to increase
      my affiliation with Bangladeshis worldwide, so as to
      learn from all this people about my country and my
      people.

      I would expect a few things from this 'newest'
      organisation of deshis. This is my comments and
      doesn't necessarily have to tally with the others.

      1. The no. of mails will be limited. There is no point
      recieving a bulk no. of mails but not having the time
      to read it. I hope the moderators will look into it
      seriously and limit the no.of mails to a certain
      reasonable no. So, if there are more mails than that
      no. they can use any criteria to submit them, like
      FCFS, the best few, diversity of topic (having more
      diveerse topics) etc.

      2. Religion and Politics are the two most important
      elements of a society and they have a far reaching
      effect on individuals and the society. I hope this
      will be looked into.

      3. Most importnatly... Our time is very limited. There
      isno point in doing things for the sake of doing. It
      would be a total waste of resources if this group is
      to be just another of those discussion groups. I
      sincerely hope that muktochinta would play a
      deterministic role in developing our dear homeland,
      Bangladesh. Almost all of the memebers would come from
      the elite class if not all. What is necessay is that
      there should be a few process owners who would take
      the responsibilty to run discussions pertaining to
      development of Bangladesh.

      4. Lastly, We have come far away (intime) from the
      independent war. There were some of our brothers, who
      gave their life for the sake of the country and agian
      there are those who betrayed Her at Her time of need.
      Some of them may stillbe traitors, while others may
      have sincerely repented. But would it be wise for us
      to still punch each other about who did what during
      that time, or shall we join forces together and look
      forward to a united Bangladesh, a developed Bangladesh
      and a Bangladesh that we will take pride to call our
      homeland.

      Long live Bangladesh. (Long live muktochinta... to
      early for that)

      =====
      Every soul shall have a taste of death: and only on the Day of Judgment
      shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from
      the
      Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of
      Life): for
      the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception.
      (Al-i-'Imran:185)

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/