AND THEN THEY CAME FOR ME ………….. (Corrected Version)

  • sohailtaj2008
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2010

      AND THEN THEY CAME FOR ME …………..

      Martin Niemoller's poem adapted to present day Bangladesh -

      THEY CAME FIRST for the

      Army officers,

      And I didn't speak up because I wasn't in the army

      THEN THEY CAME for the

      Newspaper editors,

      And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a journalist

      THEN THEY CAME for the

      Nationalists and religious leaders,

      And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a party member or religious

      THEN THEY CAME for the

      Writers and intellectuals,

      And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a writer or an intellectual

      THEN THEY CAME FOR ME

      And by that time no one was left to speak up for me