Re: [MtBachelorStarParty] Brothers Star Party

  • Pat Jarrott
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
      Sorry your not going to make it.
      Pat
      On Jun 1, 2011, at 4:54 PM, DennisR wrote:

      Well, it doesn't look good for the weekend. I think we are going to pass on this trip to Brothers. I don't see where the weather will be any good till Saturday, and then it looks like it may still be cloudy Saturday night, with more rain on Sunday.

      You all with hard side trailers and RV's are in a lot better shape than us with our tent trailer. It sure can get cold when the only insulation is wet canvas. This just hasn't been a good year for astronomy, we have had very few clear nights without clouds, rain or fog.

      Will see you all at GSSP or in Sunriver, or OSP.

      Dennis & Diann

    • DennisR
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
        Yes, we are too. Been looking forward for quite some time to get away and do some observing. It just doesn't look promising for this weekend. Started out nice here this morning, and later it was just a continual downpour.

        DR

        --- In MtBachelorStarParty@yahoogroups.com, Pat Jarrott <jarrbo@...> wrote:

        > Sorry your not going to make it.
        > Pat
        > On Jun 1, 2011, at 4:54 PM, DennisR wrote:
        >
        > > Well, it doesn't look good for the weekend. I think we are going to pass on this trip to Brothers. I don't see where the weather will be any good till Saturday, and then it looks like it may still be cloudy Saturday night, with more rain on Sunday.
        > >
        > > You all with hard side trailers and RV's are in a lot better shape than us with our tent trailer. It sure can get cold when the only insulation is wet canvas. This just hasn't been a good year for astronomy, we have had very few clear nights without clouds, rain or fog.
        > >
        > > Will see you all at GSSP or in Sunriver, or OSP.
        > >
        > > Dennis & Diann

      • ROBERT GROSSFELD
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2011
          Well,
          I am heading out on Thursday afternoon, and will leave around 4:45 to go teach my class. I am not sure what forecast you folks are looking at, but this is central oregon. We even looked at a few things tonight (Wed), including Saturn. Just need to wait for those breaks!!!
          Weather is improving if you are looking at the current forecasts

          I will bring out the signs, and the registration forms, parking permits and toilet paper!!!

          It is a real busy weekend at the observatory, but I will be at Brothers when I can.
          See you soon,
          Bob
          On Jun 1, 2011, at 6:41 PM, DennisR wrote:

          Yes, we are too. Been looking forward for quite some time to get away and do some observing. It just doesn't look promising for this weekend. Started out nice here this morning, and later it was just a continual downpour.

          DR

          --- In MtBachelorStarParty@yahoogroups.com, Pat Jarrott <jarrbo@...> wrote:

          > Sorry your not going to make it.
          > Pat
          > On Jun 1, 2011, at 4:54 PM, DennisR wrote:
          >
          > > Well, it doesn't look good for the weekend. I think we are going to pass on this trip to Brothers. I don't see where the weather will be any good till Saturday, and then it looks like it may still be cloudy Saturday night, with more rain on Sunday.
          > >
          > > You all with hard side trailers and RV's are in a lot better shape than us with our tent trailer. It sure can get cold when the only insulation is wet canvas. This just hasn't been a good year for astronomy, we have had very few clear nights without clouds, rain or fog.
          > >
          > > Will see you all at GSSP or in Sunriver, or OSP.
          > >
          > > Dennis & Diann

          Bob Grossfeld- Observatory Manager

          Sunriver Nature Center & Observatory
          POB 3533, Sunriver, OR. 97707
          Ph. 541-598-4406  Fax 541-593-5207

          Inspire present and future generations to cherish and understand our natural world.