C Clarinet Mouthpiece Blank

  • mvprod7991
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2011
      Can anyone tell me where I can get C Clarinet mouthpiece blanks or C Clarinet Mouthpieces for that matter.

      Thanks in advance
    • fidlershorns
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2011
        How much smaller is a C clarinet moutpiece than a Bb one? Redwine Jazz sells many models in A=442, which is 2 mm shorter than the standard A=440 models. Their service is excellent.
        http://www.redwinejazz.com/

        --- In MouthpieceWork@yahoogroups.com, "mvprod7991" <mike@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone tell me where I can get C Clarinet mouthpiece blanks or C Clarinet Mouthpieces for that matter.
        >
        > Thanks in advance

      • Mike Vaccaro
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2011

          2 mm might do it. The Bb mouthpiece that I made for the C clarinet is smaller by about 3 mm than the C Clarinet mouthpiece to make up for the bore difference and seems to work fine for pitch throughout the horn.

          I will try cutting one down 2 mm and see if that is enough. I know many people play on a Bb mouthpiece and bite like crazy or use a really hard reed to make up for the difference. My Noblet C Clarinet mouthpiece that Glen Johnston refaced 30 years ago works perfectly. Wish I could find a stack of those. It is a big hassle to cut a mouthpiece down. I am looking to have some C mouthpieces in stock as I have had 2 calls this week for a pre-made C mouthpiece. I know, that’s strange.

          I guess I better contact Mr. Redwine and see if he gives a wholesale price to the trade.

          Thanks

          Mike Vaccaro