Metal Berg

  • charvel50
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2005
      I have just finished a metal Berg. It was one of those with the"lake"
      in it right from the tip. It was a 95/1/sms. After refacing to 110 thou
      with 24 mil length and straightening and polishing the baffle , the
      piece plays very well but I would like it to have a bit more balls in
      the bottom end. It has a bullet chamber.
      Would altering the chamber to be more like a Guardala Brecker make the
      bottom end thicker?
      Thanks
      Ross McIntyre
    • andrewhdonaldson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2005
        The Berg 1 chamber has a fairly narrow bore (or chamber as some call
        it) after the 'bullet' which contributes to its focussed tone quality.
        You would need to find a way of enlarging the bore to fatten up the
        bottom end, which I think would be difficult . . .

        Regards,
        Andrew