Mother's Against The Draft

  • Jenn
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      I would like to encourage everyone to visit
      www.mothersagainstthedraft.org and become apart of this grassroots
      organization. This is a one topic group to stop our congress from re
      instituting the draft and taking our friends and family away from us
      and force them into servitude!

      Anyone male or female Mom or Dad is welcome to join. I will need help
      getting this going and will appreciate anyone who wants to help. It
      will be slow at first and we will really need help when going after
      congress. Please check out the website and sign up if you feel this
      is something you believe in.

      Most parents are unaware that a federal law called the No Child Left
      Behind Act contains a provision that requires schools who receive
      public funding to violate family privacy by handing over personal
      information about students including names, home addresses and phone
      numbers to local military recruiters.

      The Pentagon's new database, known as the Joint Advertising and Market
      Research Recruiting Database, contains extensive information on 30
      million young Americans between the ages of 16 to 25. The JAMRS
      database is updated daily with new records and includes such
      information as social security number, ethnicity, grade point average,
      areas of study, height, weight, postal and email address, selective
      service registration, and phone number.

      The very existence of the database is an unlawful and unwarranted
      violation of the privacy rights of our children. It's also a clear
      warning to every mother in America that the Department of Defense,
      desperate to fill boots on the ground in Iraq, is more than willing to
      circumvent the law to ensure that no child is left un-recruited.

      Please feel free to contact me for more information.

      Jenn Coffey
      ravenest@...

      New Hampshire Chairman

      Mother's Against The Draft

      www.mothersagainstthedraft.org
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
        Jenn wrote: I would like to encourage everyone to visit
        www.mothersagainstthedraft.org and become apart of this grassroots
        organization... I will need help getting this going and will
        appreciate anyone who wants to help...

        -------

        Hey Jenn,

        Do I understand correctly that you are now a Mothers Against the
        Draft (MAD)NH State Leader? That's great!

        I know we "Mothers for Liberty" have discussed this important
        organization before - thanks so much for bringing it back to our
        attention!

        As MAD IL State Leader, I've been asked to speak on 'Mothers Against
        the Draft" at our next state-wide Libertarian Social in August. This
        is definitely a hot-button issue and rightfully so.

        Thanks for the update!

        Jan
      • Danielle
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2005
          Hi everyone! I haven't participated in the list for awhile because I
          took a hiatus to have a baby. I had my third baby at home with a
          midwife who attended the birth despite the threat of being thrown in
          jail. How is that for freedom and women's rights in the good ol' USA?

          I do want to jump into this thread as a bit of a devil's advocate.
          First though, let me say that I am 100% against any kind of draft.
          But regarding the government getting information about children who
          attend government schools, I'd like to play the devil's advocate...

          Isn't it logical that the government would like the names of children
          attending government mandated, government funded schools? I see
          these days that everyone demands some program or some money from the
          government but nobody wants to give anything in return. The fact
          that the government wants the names of my children is good reason for
          me not to send my children to government schools. I think the best
          way to combat this invasion of our privacy is to do away with
          government schools. Food for thought, anyway.

          Danielle in NE

          --- In MothersForLiberty@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn" <ravenest@g...>