- Ladies ... I was recently interviewed by Michael Kleen, editor and publisher of Black Oak Media. The interview features the following questions along with myMessage 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009View SourceLadies ... I was recently interviewed by Michael Kleen, editor and publisher of Black Oak Media. The interview features the following questions along with my answers:
* What led you to found and organize the Mothers Institute?
* What is the long term goal of the organization?
* What do you believe are the benefits of homeschooling over private or public schooling?
* How would you respond to critics who allege that homeschooled children miss out on the socialization offered by classroom-based education?
* How do you define "responsible mothering"? Do you believe our society encourages or discourages responsible motherhood?
* What kind of work, if any, does the Mothers Institute do with public or private schools? How receptive to your message have those institutions been?
* What can fathers do to aid the Mothers Institute?
* How can someone contact you if she is interested in joining or contributing to your organization?
To read the interview in full, visit Black Oak Media at: http://www.blackoakmedia.org/interviews/stover.html
- Laurette wrote: Awesome Jan!!! ... Thank ya ma am :-) Its been great to hear the positive and heartfelt feed back people have been sharing with me regardingMessage 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2009View SourceLaurette wrote: Awesome Jan!!!
Thank ya ma'am :-)
Its been great to hear the positive and heartfelt feed back people have been sharing with me regarding the interview. And I'm happy to report, the interview has brought quite a few people to our Mothers Institute website!
Below are a few of the nice comments people have sent me:
Wish my mom had cared about this. ~ Ryan from MO
Great interview Jan! ~ Bettie from PA
Keep up the good work! ~ Jeff from IL
Great job, Jan! Thanks for being such an eloquent supporter of radical, responsible mothering.
Fabulous! I have tweeted this article and facebooked it. Hope to get the word out for you ~ Kate from TX
Link to interview: http://www.blackoakmedia.org/interviews/stover.html