Re: Seeking other libertarian homeschoolers/colleges/universities

  • Dawn
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 5, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      I know this is a fairly old post I'm digging up, but I just joined
      this group today. I noticed this group on Jan's blog, and thought I
      would check it out.

      I am a homeschooling mother of 3. My two oldest children are only 6
      and 7, so we are quite a ways off from thinking about college.

      The subject was seeking other libertarian homeschoolers, so, here I am
      just chiming in.

      Dawn
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 6, 2008
        Dawn wrote: I know this is a fairly old post I'm digging up, but I
        just joined this group today. I noticed this group on Jan's blog, and
        thought I would check it out.

        I am a homeschooling mother of 3. My two oldest children are only 6
        and 7, so we are quite a ways off from thinking about college.

        The subject was seeking other libertarian homeschoolers, so, here I am
        just chiming in.

        -----------------------

        Dawn ... glad you've joined us! You'll find there has been quite of
        bit of homeschooling discussion here over the years, so feel free to
        dig through any and all of the group's messages to see what may be of
        interest to you and pertinent to your children's ages.

        And speaking of my blog ... yikes ... I haven't blogged in far too
        long (all those irons in the fire, ya know) But knowing that moms are
        stopping by, makes me realize I better hop over and do some blogging.

        Jan
      • cassie mastin
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 6, 2008
          Dear Dawn,

          I began the most recent homeschool post, and while I do have college and beyond homeschoolers and questions, as well as our 7th grader, there are always ways we homeschool moms can support each other. Don't hesitate to ask for ideas or comment on what moms with older students write about. The longer I homeschool, the more I value the time with my children and the more value I see from individualized education.

          Karol

        • Lori Loranger
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 6, 2008
            Hey Dawn
            I've been an unschooling Mom for over 20 years. My two eldest are now
            20 and 24. They were unschooled until 7th and 9th grades, respectively,
            when they started attending a school for the arts. I currently have an
            11 y.o. daughter and 8 y.o. son here at home. My son has gotten old
            enough to figure out how good he's got it ;^) He made a comment to me
            the other day about "regular kids" having to go to school all day, and
            not being able to do what they want to do.
            So I guess that makes us slightly irregular....
            Welcome!
            Lori in WA