Mark here again

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2005
      Before you arrive in Mongolia, you can get information about
      volunteering short term from the Peace Corps office in Ulaanbaatar. If
      you email Jay, the PCVC, he can connect you with several local
      agencies and friends that may be interested in recruiting short term
      volunteers. I think it would be best to organize as much of it as
      possible before you head out, however. In Mongolia, things have a way
      of not quite panning out like you expected when you shoot from the hip.

      I know that Habitat for Humanity was active in Darkhan as recently as
      this last summer. When I met the people involved in the HFH housing
      development project back then, they all seemed quite happy to be a
      part of it. And they made decent houses, too. A little searching
      online could get you some additional information, I'm sure.

      Good Luck