pcBD questions

  • mobutt21
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23 3:14 AM
      Hi Fun Mongloian volunteers! I'm a PCV in Bangladesh, about to COS,
      planning a trip on the Trans Siberian Rail Road with a pass through
      Mongolia. I was just wondering things like, how cold is it, really? Do
      ya'll have a favorite watering hole in the capital? Could my fellow pcv
      buddy and I invite ourselves to it to trade some war stories? What is
      not to be missed? And what should we be careful of? Any tips would
      help. Hope you're all having fun! Take care, Molly
    • Tim Grenier
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 28 3:18 AM
        Hello.  My name is Tim.  I am one of the few people in this group that is still in country.  It was set up before we came to Mongolia.  I am a RPCV.  Well the weather question really depends on when you get here.  Last year the first snow fall was in Sept.  it usually isn't that cold for a couple of months.  The weather can be nice or it can be cold as hell.  If you get here anytime before November a light coat will do.  As for things to be careful about, walking alone at night is probably the big one.  You are a foreigner and that makes you a target for muggings.  Usually not a problem if you are with someone.  The other thing is pickpockets in public places.  Most of the crimes in this country are non violent so nothing to really be worried about.  As for the must sees, get out of the city for those.  This is a country of wilderness and well the city is just another city.  If you all want to get together when you get here just write me an email or just give me a call.  I could probably have more info for you then. 99758661 is my phone here.  Good luck with your travels.
        Tim

        mobutt21 <mobutt21@...> wrote:
        Hi Fun Mongloian volunteers!  I'm a PCV in Bangladesh, about to COS,
        planning a trip on the Trans Siberian Rail Road with a pass through
        Mongolia. I was just wondering things like, how cold is it, really? Do
        ya'll have a favorite watering hole in the capital? Could my fellow pcv
        buddy and I invite ourselves to it to trade some war stories? What is
        not to be missed? And what should we be careful of? Any tips would
        help. Hope you're all having fun! Take care, Molly

        Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding - Albert Einstein

        http://mail.yahoo.com