Re: [Mongolia_2003] Modern Mongolia

  • unlisted
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2005
      Hey Lier,

      I'm in San Francisco so I won't be able to make the lecture. I am
      already reading his book, though. Started it last week, in fact.
      Makes for an interesting read. I've been discussing with some friends
      here the revolution in Mongolia in the early 90s and comparing that to
      what's going on in Nepal currently (a friend of mine here was PC
      Nepal).

      Unfortunate that I won't be able to make the lecture. I'm glad to
      hear, though, that others in the group are doing their homework. Let
      me know how the lecture goes.

      -s.

      On Apr 27, 2005, at 8:07 PM, inkyrain wrote:

      I am a M16 scheduled to go to Monogolia in June. Just want to let
      everyone in the NY Metropolitian area know that there will be a
      lecture on Modern Mongolia by Professor Morris Rossabi at the China
      Institute this Friday evening from 6:30 to 8PM (see below for more
      details).
    • unlisted
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2005

        > Btw, should anyone wants to meet up to study Mongolian, please let
        > me know. Also if anyone know the exact date my group will be flying
        > out to Mongolia, please pass that info along.  Thanks!

        Staging starts June 3rd in Los Angeles. Should last till Sunday, I
        imagine. Departure is probably June 5/6th.

        -s.