technology in Mongolia

  • lier
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 2004
      Hi all,

      I have recently been invited to Mongolia as a Peace corps volunteer. My
      assignment is to teach English in a secondary school so i will most
      probably be situated in a rural community. I would like any advice as to
      the feasibility of bring electronics and equipment (i.e. laptop, digital
      camera, iPOD, camcorder) with me. Is it possible to find internet cafes in
      a rural area? Will the harsh weather damage any equipment? Please advise.

      Many thanks!
      Lier

      http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
    • Christopher Gonso
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 2004
        You can take all of it if you want. You might have to take extra care of it
        all. You might not have electricity. I'd get insurance on all of it. But
        it just depends on how attached you are to it, how much you want to use it.
        Based on your desire, you'll make it happen. In the two rural areas I lived
        there were no internet cafes. A lot changes fast in Mongolia though. Good
        luck.