leaving on a jet plane...

  • thompson_c_e
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2004
      hey guys. so you have received a few of these emails telling you
      what to expect and what you might need to do in order to prepare you
      for this giant leap in your lives. here is my little two cents: you
      can't prepare for what you are going to see and experience. you have
      about 3 months before go time. use it wisely. go out with your
      friends. have dinner with your parents. feast on McD's and wendy's.
      enjoy what you have now, 'cause there is going to be a lot of shit
      you are going to miss for the next two years. treat yourself to the
      little things-- spare no expense. or if you were a broke ass like
      me, have your friends spare no expense.
      have a great few months, see you in june.
      take it easy...
      chris

      ps: bring books, the Peace Corps Mongolia library has been greatly
      over-exagerated.
      ptfo