tourist to mongolia

  • Taylor Murray
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004

      Hey there,

      Are you a tourist looking for information, or a Peace Corps (to be) volunteer assigned here? Mongolia is nice in answer to your question. I am in my 9th month living here. It is a difficult country to get around in because there isn't any infrastructure. A 450 km drive can take anywhere from 7 to 16 hours and that is on a good road (by Mongolain standards). Winter lasts FOREVER, this is month 5 of extreme cold.

      WHen do you want to come and where are you coming from will determine cost. It is very cheap once you are in the country. Food and lodging is incredibly cheap as is transportation.

      If you have specific questions, let me know and I will try and answer them in time. Everything runs a little slower here.

      It is worth a visit, but have lots of time. Don't let anyone try and tell you "alaska" is the last fronteir, because it isn't. This place is.

      TAke care,

      look into Nomadic Expeditions (expensive but cushy), UB Guesthouse (Mr. Kim's), and i'll think of some others and let you know if you write back.

      Taylor Murray

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Nikita Desai
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2004
        check out Lonely planet guide to mongolia.  Cant write an extended explanation   -sorry

        sherwinleigh villagracia <sherwinleigh@...> wrote:
        is it nice to go to mongolia? will it cost that much?

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Do you Yahoo!?