Re: [Mongolia_2003] Better late than never....

  • jordan mccormack
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2003
      Last minute pickups for Host family gifts and teaching
      resources:
      Both as a teaching resource and a gift: A picture
      book of America. I bought two copies of "America
      Icons" by Steve Gottlieb- very little writing and some
      very interesting shots.
      Another good resource is any collection of
      childrens poems especially Shel Siverstein. If you
      know many by heart that's fine but the book provides
      humorous sketches. Visuals are key.
      Other good host family gifts are money(coins and
      dollar bills for the youngsters), stamps and small
      trinkets, and things. I am debating on buying a fancy
      American pen for my Host dad to give him when we part
      ways. I think that would be a very good departing
      gift. But as I think and I believe it is true that
      for many of us money aint growin on them givin trees.
      Just have something to exchange in order to show your
      appreciation, although it might be fun to wait until
      the last minute before you leave for your permanent
      site, however, and then try ro find flowers for your
      mother, perfume for your sisters and a nice masculine
      and acceptable swordlike present for your father, as I
      said earlier a nice pen. If any of you have any
      other suggestions let us know. Jordan

      --- "Joshua C. Gambrel" <rocketman_at99@...>

      http://calendar.yahoo.com