483a brief stop in Mongolia

  • Sean
    Jan 8, 2005
      Hi,

      After completing my Peace Corps service in Georgia, I went to Korea
      to teach a little more. I currently live and teach in Korea. I am
      finishing a contract and would like to board the Trans-Siberian
      Railway to Moscow via Beijing. One itinerary could take me through
      Mongolia. Instead of taking a pre-fabricated tour, I would like to
      meet PCVs and their host families for a shared experience or an
      exchange of culture. I learned from experience that a host family
      always welcomes a friend, especially when that friend brings
      stories, some chocolate or other snack and perhaps a book for the
      family. I would like to do any or all of these. I also know how
      relieving it is to be out of the fish bowl when I "new" person comes
      into the scene if only for a day. If the idea is remotely possible,
      I would like to hear from any PCVs currently in Mongolia. I will
      keep up on the news by having digests sent from this site to my e-
      mail.
      Thank you. Peace and health,
      Sean
      RPCV Georgia 2001-2003