small scale 3d printing: a second technology

  • woodybobbin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2013
      Here is another exciting technology. we had a system similar to this at my former place of employment. It used a laser to cut layers from adhesive backed brown paper. The individual sheets were automatically layered. I thought the end result was rather clunky looking compared to fused powders or extruded plastic deposition. It was relatively fast however.

      http://www.mcortechnologies.com/

      Some of the results are rather startling. Check out the section on architecture.

      Rich W.