4258Re: [ModelersCad] Re: Two pier halves in search of a printer

  • Bill Bedford
    Sep 15, 2012
      On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 19:38:32 -0000, teu6500 wrote:
      > The cheapest, "white strong & flexible." It was my first try with
      > Shapeways. I didn't know what I was going to get, but I knew how much
      > I could pay. I've sent the pier to Chris J. Ward, as Mr. O'Shea
      > recommended - see what he'll charge me.

      If the thickness is only 0.4m It is still going to be thin for printing
      on Chris Ward's machines.

      If you want a smooth surface, I suggest you go for polish WSF from
      Shapeways, but the minimum thickness would have to be around 0.8 - 1 mm

      --
      Bill Bedford

      "Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance he himself has spun"

      -- Clifford Geertz
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic