Santa Cruz and Monterey Bay Railway (out of scope)

  • Bob Schrempp
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2013
      This is a little out of scope for this lost (not model and a little north).

      There is a new tourist railway opening up, the Santa Cruz and Monterey
      Bay Railway. My understanding is it will be running on the old SP Santa
      Cruz branch. I can not find much information and the web site is kind of
      lean. I do not know what part of the track they will be running on, but
      the tracks go from Watsonville through Santa Cruz up to Davenport. There
      is also track from Santa Cruz up to Roaring Camp and Big Trees Felton. A
      friend in Aptos tells me they have engines and ran a Christmas train
      that started in Santa Cruz and run somewhere.

      https://www.santacruzrailway.com/

      Bob Schrempp
      Free-mo SLO

      --
      Bob Schrempp
      mailto:bschrempp@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2013
        The new railroad running on the old Santa Cruz branch from Watsonville to Davenport is a combination of tourist line and a working railroad serving a number of businesses. Future plans that have been announced include a dinner train along the coast as well as commuter operations from Watsonville to Santa Cruz. The line is being operated by Iowa Pacific and the color scheme reminds one of the Illinois Central. Two F units were already seen on the line during its first run.