Free Painting and Weathering Structures Clinic This Saturday August 4

  • psteinmetz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2012
      Free Clinic this Saturday August 4th at Short Track Railroad

      Topic will be "Painting and Weathering Structures"

      Clinicians are Pete Steinmetz and Ken Allen.

      This is a good chance for LA and Orange County modelers to come down. Many have said it is difficult to come to our Thursday night clinics.

      We will discuss how to effectively paint and weather structures that are made of wood, card stock, styrene, and laser board.

      We will discuss:
      Priming the material
      What paint to use and what to expect from different paints
      Stains, washes and their effects
      Nail holes
      Adding grain to the wood
      The advantages and disadvantages of painting before or after assembly.

      We will discuss various weathering techniques using pencils, chalk, paint, and stain.

      While we will concentrate on structures, most of the techniques shown can be used on rolling stock and vehicles as well.

      As always, this clinic is free and open to the public.
      Clinic will be Saturday August 4th from 9:00 - 10:00.
      Location will be:
      Short Track Railroad
      2040 North Santa Fe Ave.
      Vista, CA 92083