Hobo F7

  • Bruce Hendrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2012
      Add me to the list of those who remember the battery powered F7 on Engineer Bill's show. As I remember it Bill had a figure 8 layout (in addition to his main layout which I believe was S gauge) and the kid guests would send their engines around the figure 8 until they crashed.

      This was about 1960 because I had entered HO by then and thought the Hobo would be a good way to add another engine to my 4x4 layout. However, the owner of Victory Hobby Shop in Montebello strongly advised against it as "you'll spend all your money on batteries." I'm pretty sure he had the Hobo in stock.

      Interesting to note that a lot of buzz I hear these days is that battery powered engines and track without wiring are the wave of the future in HO.

      Bruce Hendrick
      Brea