New Member

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2006
      I am new to this group and want to introduce myself. I am a member of
      the Slim Gauge Guild Model RR Club in Pasadena. I live in Lakewood,
      CA and I have a 15'x17' garage that I want to convert into a layout
      room. My interest away from the Slim Gauge Guild is Santa Fe
      passenger trains in HO scale. At the Slim Gauge Guild I model modern
      narrow gauge in Sn3.

      Looking at some of the older post on the list I recognize some of the
      names and I am sure that I have met more than one of you.

      Would like to join the layout tour on March 25, but that is the same
      weekend a narrow gauge meet down in San Diego. I will post that
      information in a separate email if anyone is interested.

      Jeff Smith
      Lakewood, CA
      Slim Gauge Guild Model RR Club
      www.slimgaugeguild.com
    • Verryl Fosnight
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2006
        Hi Jeff,

        I am in Lakewood also, and maybe we should get together and compare notes.  I am just starting my layout of the Wyoming Division of the UP and have the track laid for the Cheyenne yard and am trying to find time to finish the DCC wiring.

        Email me back if you want to meet.

        Appologies to the Group.  I tried to mail Jeff at jeff@... but it bounced.

        Verryl Fosnight
        Message 3 of 9 , May 21, 2006
          Hello everyone,

          My name is Patrick (trainmanpat) and I recently joined this club after hearing about it from a member of this group who was starting a model railroad club but ended up having to cancel or at least put that project on hold.. Anyway, I look forward to learning some of your tricks and maybe even teaching you some of mine.  Thanks

          Patrick White
        • trains462000
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 15, 2008
            Hi All.

            New Member from Down Under.

            I wish to Thank the Owner and the Moderator(s)
            for letting me join this Group.

            I have been Interested in Various types of Model
            Layouts for over a period of 25 years.

            I have helped a couple of my friend's start up their
            Model Layouts over a period of time, of which one of
            them used to have a Model Layout back in the U.K, before
            his family shifted out to Australia some years ago.

            I hope the Owner and the Moderator(s) don't mind me
            letting this Group know, that i am a Rail Industry
            Worker down here. I have been in the Industry for
            over 30 years.

            My job entails Environmental Duties plus Track Protection
            Duties as and when required.

            Best Regards:Peter(trains46).
          • Richard Birkmann
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 17, 2008
              trains462000 <trains46@...> wrote:
              Hi All.

              New Member from Down Under.

              I wish to Thank the Owner and the Moderator(s)
              for letting me join this Group.

              I have been Interested in Various types of Model
              Layouts for over a period of 25 years.

              I have helped a couple of my friend's start up their
              Model Layouts over a period of time, of which one of
              them used to have a Model Layout back in the U.K, before
              his family shifted out to Australia some years ago.

              I hope the Owner and the Moderator(s) don't mind me
              letting this Group know, that i am a Rail Industry
              Worker down here. I have been in the Industry for
              over 30 years.

              My job entails Environmental Duties plus Track Protection
              Duties as and when required.

              Best Regards:Peter( trains46) .

              Welcome Peter.
              Richard

            • Scotty
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 11 3:05 PM
                Thank you, Bob, for inviting me to join this group. I have been into model railroading since the late 50s and have been a member of the Lompoc Valley Model Railroad Association since the mid 80s. Recently I just returned to Lompoc from the Bay area where I was also a member of the West Bay Model Railroad Association for the last 5 years and am a member of the NMRA and the SP Historical and Technical. This leads me to my modeling preference which is the Southern Pacific Railroad mainly of the middle 50s but have equipment into the 70s and 80s.

                Again, thank you for the invitation to join this group and hopefully I can be a constructive member...

                Jim Scott
                Lompoc, CA