RE: [Model_Railroads_Of_Southern_California] Re: Blue Point Manual Turnout Machines

  • lloyd lehrer
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 31, 2009

      I just installed 5 of them on a friend’s layout and they were effortless to install.  It was a long lift out module so I was able to work standing up and with the module on its back.  instead of the flex link as designed, I just used the inner tube and put a piece of piano wire in the core of the tube to make it stiff.  All of these were straight connections so I have no experience on the flex part of the system.  I was going try some out on my upper level along with some torti that I installed, but after seeing the ease of these installs, I am switching all to blue points.

      Lloyd Lehrer, 310 951-9097, Los Angeles Model RR Society (www.lamrs.org), Terrapin NG Society, 4L, NMRA, and a bunch of other time using orgs.

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2009
        The control can be connected to on either side of the Blue Point, I will
        just hook to both sides.

        barry_draper wrote:
        > Bob,
        > How do you plan to do dual control from both sides of the module? The
        > Blue Point website only shows a single control line.
        > Barry Draper
        > -- In Model_Railroads_Of_Southern_California@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:Model_Railroads_Of_Southern_California%40yahoogroups.com>, Bob
        > Schrempp <bschrempp@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I saw them at the Anaheim NTS Show in the summer of 2008. I was very
        > > impressed and picked up a couple. I want to install them in a Free-Mo
        > > module, but have not done so yet.
        > >

        > > Bob

        Bob Schrempp