N-Scale Cascade Subdivision progress report

  • Mark Lestico
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2007
      Greetings Everyone,

      I wanted to thank everyone for their interest in the Cascade Sub.
      According to Bruce Morden it is the third most popular site on the
      LDSIG Wiki with over seven thousand hits.

      Since my last post on July 19th, 2007 I have completed all track
      work, Scratch built the Eugene Locomotive Facility and the new
      highway 97 bridge just north of Chemult. I also have cast all nine of
      my tunnel liners and Portals out of plaster from scratch.

      I got the idea to cast my own portals from Bill Kosanda who also
      models the Cascade Sub in HO Scale. I was so impressed with how his
      looked, I sent him an e-mail and he explained how easy it was. I
      tweaked his method a bit and presto! Instant 1926 SP portals from
      scratch. They truly look better than anything I could have bought
      from the store (if you could) and just nailed the prototype.

      I have added seven new pictures, and deleted some old ones to make
      room.

      http://ldsig.org/wiki/index.php/Cascade_Subdivision_-_N_-_Mark_Lestico

      I hope you enjoy the photos and hope to see everyone on the
      Convention tours in 2008!

      Mark Lestico
      Whittier, Ca