Welcome To The New Group

  • Bob Chaparro
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2005
      I want to welcome the first members to join this group.

      I hope we have a very interactive group of home layout owners and
      persons working toward having their own home layouts.

      Please feel free to post images of your layout or add your layout
      webpage to our group of links. There already are links to three
      home layouts on this site plus links to many other useful model
      railroading sites so please explore these.

      This is a place to brag a bit about your layout and share how you
      have overcome physical and technical problems in building it. If
      you have operating sessions on your layout, tells us about them.

      Lastly, if we can get some reasonable level of membership and
      participation to sustain the group, I will take the lead in
      organizing layout tours and operating sessions to the extent that
      members are interested in these activities. I have a lot of
      experience organizing layout tours as I have done this for a number
      of years for the NMRA's Pacific Southwest Region and its Los Angeles
      and Cajon Divisions.

      There is no NMRA membership requirement for this group, however.

      So let's all pitch-in and make this an active group.

      Bob Chaparro
      Moderator
      Mission Viejo, CA
    • boxcarmike4449@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2005
        Hello Group Members;
          Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Michael Phillips and I am very glad to be a part of this new group.
         Because I live with my wife and cats in a mobile home, my layout is quite small.  It is only a 4 x 6 ft. H - O layout that I built using plans for a model railroad called the Morgan Valley Railroad that was featured in not only the Atlas Model Railroading books, but another copy of this track plan was also featured in Model Railroader.
          My little layout is sort of roughly patterned after the S.P. branch line to Los Alamitos which was abandoned in the 1980`s. It is a switching type layout and I occasionly operate a mainline train once and awhile.
          I will remain a sort of semi silent observer here in this group but if anybody has questions or needs some of my advice, I will be here.
         I am also employed at the Anaheim "House Of Mouse" as well and I look forward to having fun with this group.  Oh one more thing. I also have two versions of TRAINZ installed on my computer so I can build the layout I always wanted.
        Highball Easy
        Michael  J.  Phillips
      • Bob
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2005
          --- In Model_Railroads_Of_Southern_California@yahoogroups.com, "Bob
          Chaparro" <thecitrusbelt@y...> wrote:

          > I want to welcome the first members to join this group.

          Hi Bob, and thanks for the invitation to join. While my simple over-
          the-head, around-the-room shelf layout based upon scenes of Pennsy's
          Elmira Branch is in a perpetual state of construction (and will never
          see anything more than rudimentary operations for more than two at a
          time), some of the other members of this group know me as a semi-
          regular operator of Gary Seigel's L&N EK Sub. [And a few of those are
          probably wondering "what did Bob invite HIM here for, anyway?!"] But
          here I am, nonetheless. Offering whatever I can, whenever I may.

          Regards,

          Bob Lyon
          Santa Barbara, CA