7504Re: [Model_Railroads_Of_Southern_California] That Gap Between Buildings [4 Attachments]

  • William Keene
    Jul 28, 2014
      Bob,

      Nice!  And you can get two view filling truck vans out of one old Athearn trailer. Thanks for sharing this idea.

      I also like the idea of using alley photos. This is something that I have not tried but might do so in the future. All I need to do is find color alley images from before 1954.

      Cheers,
      Bill Keene
      Irvine, CA

      On Jul 28, 2014, at 11:41 AM, thecitrusbelt@... [Model_Railroads_Of_Southern_California] <Model_Railroads_Of_Southern_California@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from thecitrusbelt@... [Model_Railroads_Of_Southern_California] included below]

      As many of you do, I use shallow relief buildings along the walls of my layout room to hide those walls.  But there always is the problem of the gaps between the buildings which expose the walls I’m trying to conceal.

      Over the years I have used photographs, trees, roads with emerging vehicles and even a short section of track with a freight car (or partial freight car) to fill the gaps.

      I had this come up again on the current layout so I decided to make the gap into an alley and place a truck trailer in the alley.  This was a reasonable fix.  And then this past week while I was in Fresno for the Santa Fe Railway Historical & Modeling Society’s convention I discovered a prototype for the fix.

      The model and prototype images are attached.

      Group, what fixes have you used for this problem?

      Bob Chaparro

      Moderator

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic