7495Re: [Model_Railroads_Of_Southern_California] Prismacolor Markers On Sale

  • mckeevermichael@ymail.com
    Jul 27, 2014

      I have used these on plastic kits. Mostly metallic colors (Silver, Aluminum, etc.). I prefer double ends (one point, one chisel) First, clean the surface THOROUGHLY. First with dish detergent, warm water, then alcohol. Put a light first coat down. Let it dry completely. Next light coat on missed, gap areas. let dry completely. You will know if the surface is dry enough. If not, the color will lift off. I have found 3 to 5 light coats will provide a luster that makes plastic look like metal, without drips and streaks. This is a good product for small, detail parts. For large areas, I Air Brush acrylic paints.

      Mac in SoCal, N Scale ATSF, SP, UP, Transition Era, Barstow Area

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic