Re: Gracie-med flights

  • Thats2seven@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2008
      Gracie...

      I hope Ohio doesn't give you any grief over the out of state thing.  However, when you apply for Tx medicaid, usually they will retroact until a certain point.  I'm guessing you aren't in Houston yet.  But as SOON as you get there (on a business day), I would ask to speak to someone in the financial office and I believe they should be able to facilitate you applying for Tx medicaid.

      When we moved to Mass, I went the first couple of days, to the hospital we use most here and applied there...much quicker and easier than doing it the other way.  Also, they were able to approve us right away but they mentioned it would cover so many days before I applied, too.  It was at least 30 days...maybe more.  For us, it didn't matter b/c we had only been there a couple of days and no expenses had arisen yet.  But it was a lot less painful.

      So, just something to think about doing as soon as you can after you get transferred.

      deb

    • Laura
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 1, 2008
        --- In Mito@yahoogroups.com, gracie dudley <girlyd2@...> wrote:

        > We have UHC and Ohio medicaid as we are not moved yet all our belongings are still in
        ohio. I do have his cards though. Do you think Ohio medicaid covers this?

        > We were only in Texas 3 days before we wound up in here! They paid for our care flight
        from hendricks in Abilene to here.

        Gracie,

        Ask the providers if they will take your UHC plan and OH medicaid.

        Laura
      • gracie dudley
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2008
          The only problem with us applying for Tx medicaid is that we don't have a address here in Tx yet. As we were only here 3 days. I don't think we can get TX medicaid until we get an Addy!!

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 1, 2008
            Okay, I'm confused. You moved to Texas and don't have an address?

            Susan
            Mom to Reiley, my beautiful girl!! And the mystery continues....
            An observant parents evidence may be disproved, but should NEVER be ignored!

            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 1, 2008
              Well we didn't offically move yet our stuff is still in Ohio in a storage unit. We came to Texas to look at houses but were only here 3 days. We were staying with our friends erin and John in Abilene as tom ( DH) had to start his new Job. He is working in Waco for 6 weeks at the power plant as a security guard. But yes we have no address LOl

              Gracie

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 1, 2008
                > The only problem with us applying for Tx medicaid is that we don't have a address here in
                Tx yet. As we were only here 3 days. I don't think we can get TX medicaid until we get an
                Addy!!

                If that's the case, I'd say you're still residents of Ohio.

                Laura
              • Tracy Lengyel
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 1, 2008
                  Gracie-  You can stay with us in Arizona for a break, I know it is through N. Mexico from you, but once he's stable and you need a break and don't have a house yet, we have 2 open bedrooms.  I know u don' t know us, but we mito understanders are family!!!  Tracy     we're in Maricopa

                  To: Mito@yahoogroups.com
                  From: girlyd2@...
                  Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 10:28:56 -0700

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 2, 2008
                    Thanks Tracy, I know us mito families are just that one big family!!!
                    We may take you up on this But are really hoping to get a house here in Texas soon Thank you again for the wonderful offer though like I said we may use it depending on how things go

                    Gracie

                    To: Mito@yahoogroups. com
                    From: girlyd2@yahoo. com
                    Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 10:28:56 -0700

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 2, 2008
                      Gracie, People go on vacation or travel all the time. Just because he
                      is receiving medicaid does not mean that you all couldn't travel to
                      another state and he wouldn't fall and break a leg there. Sorry,
                      maybe I shouldn't put it like that! Hope he doesn't break a leg for
                      sure!!
                      :) Melody

                      --- In Mito@yahoogroups.com, Thats2seven@... wrote:

                      > Gracie...
                      >
                      > I hope Ohio doesn't give you any grief over the out of state thing.
                      > However, when you apply for Tx medicaid, usually they will retroact
                      until a certain
                      > point. I'm guessing you aren't in Houston yet. But as SOON as you
                      get there
                      > (on a business day), I would ask to speak to someone in the
                      financial office
                      > and I believe they should be able to facilitate you applying for Tx
                      > medicaid.
                      >
                      > When we moved to Mass, I went the first couple of days, to the
                      hospital we
                      > use most here and applied there...much quicker and easier than doing
                      it the
                      > other way. Also, they were able to approve us right away but they
                      mentioned it
                      > would cover so many days before I applied, too. It was at least 30
                      > days...maybe more. For us, it didn't matter b/c we had only been
                      there a couple of
                      > days and no expenses had arisen yet. But it was a lot less painful.
                      >
                      > So, just something to think about doing as soon as you can after you
                      get
                      > transferred.
                      >
                      > deb
                      > **************Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out