I know I should have thought of this earlier.

  • LukeJenG@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hello, I am Jennifer Gawalek mother to Megan (almost three). Megan was
      recently diagnosed by Dr. Cohen with mitochondrial encephalomyopathy. He
      said he feels it is complexes 1 and 4, but we haven't biopsied yet. Anyway,
      he made the recommendation for IVIG. (Megan is TPN dependent due to chronic
      intestinal pseudo obstruction). I feel we have topped out on all other
      treatments, and at this point I am desperate to try this. If anyone has used
      IVIG in reference to mito and dysmotility would you please respond with a
      short synopsis that I can use to try to convince her "somewhat stubborn" GI
      doctor to consider this as a treatment. I, of course will black out all
      names. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

      Jennifer