blood sugar levels

  • Linda Ray
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2000
      Today we decided to let Ashley Brooke follow her own schedule.We
      wanted to check blood sugar levels to see if we could find out if
      that is what is making her so tired.I let her sleep this morning,she
      woke up about 12:30,she had not eaten since 10:30 last night.My
      sister checked her blood sugar,before eating,it was 78.Nearly 1 hour
      after breakfast (2 sauage & egg biscuits,8oz orange juice,and 3/4 cup
      cantalope)blood level was 128. Around 4PM she had lunch,bowl of
      noodles,1/2 cup cucumbers and 1/2 cup cantalope.At 9PM she ate
      bar-b-cue chips and drank 12oz tea.At 9:50PM we checked blood
      again,this time it was 218.Around 10PM she ate 2 bowls mushroom soup
      and 3 pieces fried bologna,she also drank a caffine free Mt.Dew.
      Tomorrow we are going to check blood before and after every meal.I
      also intend to wake her up for breakfast by 8AM.
      Has anyone else seen blood levels fluctuate this much, other than in
      children who are diabetic?
      Thanks,Linda Ray ,Mom to Ashley Brooke