diarrhea for 4 weeks

  • cconstantineau
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      My son in the beginning of Feb got a stomach virus that really caused
      alot of diarrhea. It has know been 4 weeks and he still has it.
      We have tested for all the pathogens that could of caused this and
      nothing has come up positive. They suspect that he has a tempory
      lactose intolerance and as a result have stayed away from dairy. But
      it still is not going away. He has an appt. with a ped GI dr on
      Monday, has this happened to any of your kids and what was the cause.
      He has lost about 3 pounds.......not good.

      Thanks
      Cath Smith

      He has never had a problems with his GI system befor now.
    • kelly-ann larson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        Good MorningCathy: Was he on antibiotic? Guess not if he didn't have a positive culture.

        I give my kids (ages 4 & 6) probiotics after anitbiotic.Provides high levels of good bacteria for stable gut health. Find them in refrigerated section of a Haelth Food store or Whole Foods.
        Start with any chewable without FOS or frutocsaccarides. They also get these daily as part of helping GFCF diet work.

        HTH, Kelly-Ann in MN

      • Mike Belcher
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
          Hi Cath,

          Our daughter is 3.5 now...and has always had diarrhea.
          We struggled for 6 months looking for an answer.
          FIBER is the only thing that has worked for her. She
          is g-tube fed and we use drugstore brand, spoon-in
          powder. It has worked very well. I hope you try it
          and that it works for you. E-mail me if you need more
          info.
          Good Luck!

          Be a better friend, newshound, and