Re: [Mito] Re: keeping healthy/Darla

  • kelly-ann larson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2008
      I beleive it is because Pedialyte everyday provides too much electrolytes, whereas Gatorade/CapriSun sport still has basic at levels for everyday. Besides cost...

      Interesting as this recent article compares the two (and companies bicker). Benefits and adversities. Taste defenetly a factor at our house - doesn't matter formula if kids won't drink it. I also use ELIXIR tablets by Camelbak (low sugar).

      Kelly-Ann

      Mike Belcher <belchermike@...> wrote:
      Why is Pedialyte not recommended "because you have to watch the electrolytes" ?

      Mike Belcher
      New Address and Phone:
      825 Morris Rd
      Blue Bell, PA 19422-1548
      (610) 476-1609-USMC Mobile
      (267) 446-0436-Personal Mobile

    • Darla Klein
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2008
        We were told that it is not good to upset the balance of your electrolytes
        within your body as would occur with prolonged usage of Pedialite. Short
        periods of use is ok, just not long periods of time!

        Darla (ATP1A2 FHM/Mito issues-mommy to: www.caringbridge.org/ia/mitomomof9
        Asenath (7)-ATP1A2 Familial Hemiplegic Migraine (FHM) with Mitochondrial
        dysfunction, post CNS Vasculitis, strokes, migraines, seizures, G-tube, dev.
        delays...
        Zipporrah (4)- ATP1A2 FHM with Mitochondrial dysfunction, strokes,
        migraines, seizures, 24-hr. G-tube feedings, dumping syndrome, severe
        speech/cog delays...
        Luke (19), Leah (17), Rachael (16)-all have ATP1A2 FHM
        Isaac (13) Tirzah (11) overall healthy
        Kezia (6)-probable mild CP, DAFO's
        Marquis (6)-behavioral issues from prenatal drug affects from birth mom
        Christina (4)-CP, seizures, dev. delays...
        Joseph (4)-Severe spastic quadriplegic CP, hydrocephalus w/ shunt, 100%
        G-tube fed, dev. delays...
        www.caringbridge.org/visit/joeyklein
        Marianna (2) Di Georges Syndrome, partial hearing loss, G-tube, speech/dev.
        delays, Ventricularseptal defect, immune deficiency...
        www.caringbridge.org/visit/Mariannak