We go to the hospital tonight...long

  • mr_lucy
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2005
      Hi Guys...well it is finally here. We are taking Abby to Georgetown
      this evening for preadmission for having her tonsils out. Abigail is
      still in bed sleeping this moring. I on the other hand have been up
      since 5. Marc's mom is going to be here today. Of course, we never
      heard from his dad and stepmom until Wed. Luckily I believe they are
      going to stay away this time. With the way I am feeling right now
      watching my husband's mother and stepmother try to best each other
      over Abigail's hospital bed...well I am just not up for all that.
      So, here I am. Praying that we have made the right choice in going
      forward. Friday I spoke to Dr. Gropman...the test results are back
      from the biopsy. We know nothing. We have waited, we have prayed and
      like so many others...we have nothing. None of the tests point to
      anything specificly. Abigail doesn't fit anyone catagory to be
      anything. Thus...raise your hand is you have heard this one..."She
      may have a myopathy unseen before, but we still have some tissue and
      we can persue other testing."
      I admit...I was praying that we would have tangible answers before
      today. Something that would forcast the results of going through
      having her tonsils out...or at the levy least removing the risk of
      MH from surgery.
      I am reminding myself why it is so important to have the surgery
      now...Abigail is at her best in the spring. For some reason between
      June and January she is the most ill. August has always been the
      most terrible month. Though I do not understand how or why. So doing
      it now can help her get through the severe muscle weakness later.
      Like all the moms before me, I have a really bad case of the
      gitters. The realization that I am not in control of what is
      happening.
      The surgery will be at 7:30 tomorrow morning. I am praying that they
      will keep her long enough to "know" that we will not have to rush
      her back after she is released. When she skips more than a meal, and
      drinks very little on a regular day...we wind up in the hospital....
      Abigail will be up soon. It is time for me to put away this fear and
      put on my brave face.
      Something that I know all of you do to. We fear we cry, but no
      matter what is happening we stand stong...until no one is looking
      and then we weap.

      Thank you for listening. Please pray for Abby. Love to all of you.

      Myst
    • kristin murray
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2005
        Dear Myst,
        I know the feeling you are talking about, and it is so
        unsettling and nerveracking. Sometimes it gets so
        hard to stay strong ALL the time and be the one with
        the brave face, but somehow we do it for our
        children...(and wait until no one is looking)I think
        the hardest part is taking care of yourself throughout
        it all. I wish you the very best over the next couple
        of days.. Hoping for a smooth recovery. If you want
        someone to cry with or to, drop me a note!!!
        Take care,
        Kristin (mom to Jack 3 mito and Matt 4 3/4!)

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • sarah
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2005
          well I can totally relate because my son seemed to get all his problems in august w/ his  health issues. (pneumonias) my daughter is having her tonsils out may 5 and my son is having velopharengyal plasty also that day . If u need support on the tonsil thing since our two dd's will be recovering from it feel free to email me privately if u wish
          good luck.
          Sarah mom to zach 4 ga2 alexis 6

          Please contact mito-owner@yahoogroups.com with any problems or questions.

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Angels4hailee@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2005
            Sending lots of prayers for you and abby....
            Oh do i know how you feel about wanting answers.. Our gentic dr said he probally wouldnt know for sure what hailee had until he could see her autopsy results... not something a mother wants to hear...

            Hoping things go smooth..

            Melissa, Mom to Hailee (6), diagnosed with septo optic dysplasia, mitocondrial disorder, epilipsy, 2brain disorders, neuroblastoma tumor, OMS,SID,ADHD,OCDAutism, and partial gtube feed..

            Please visit her site at
            Http://www.caringbridge.org/az/hailee/

          • Meagan Ochsner
            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2005
              My prayers are with you and Abby for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery.  Remember being scared for our children is normal.  I know how hard it is to hand over your baby and relinquish the control that we all wish we had.

              Meagan, Mom to Sophia (1year)

              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • ndstarzl
              Message 6 of 9 , May 1, 2005
                Saying a silent prayer for Abby and for your entire family.

                Danielle

              • Rebecca

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 1, 2005
                    Our prayers are with you.

[...]