Re: [Mito] jerking movements non seizure what else could they be?

  • albregra@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
      If it was not a seizure, I would guess it was because of the heat.  Grace will get sick if it is even 75 F outside, for even 1/2 hour.  It really makes life complicated, because we have 3  soon to be 4 other kids.  Until we get a cooling vest for her it is completely impossible to plan any trips to the zoo, or even an outdoor party.  Dr. Cohen has warned us to take this to heart, because overheating can cause crisis.  He even made mention one of his patients who ended up in coma because she got too warm (it was low 80's that day.)  Many mito kids have heat intolerance, autonomic dysfunction.  Gracies symptoms (of heat intolerance) usually include turning red (or sometimes pale), clammy sweat, very crabby, shaky, and flu like symptoms. Like we all know, though, every kid is different and has different symptoms to everything.  Hope this is some help to you.  Another suggestion may be his sugar droped too low (Gracie gets very shaky when her sugar is too low.)
      Best Wishes
      Carrie
    • thefourofus03
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
        Sarah,

        the fact that it was relieved when he sat down made me think that
        it may be blood pressure related? I cannot stand in line for more
        than a couple of minutes. I have syncope and pass out. Maybe he was
        feeling the affects of low BP. Makes me a little woozy, and spacey.
        hot and sweaty.It can affect different people in different ways!
        Once I sit odwn, I am fine. Just a thought!

        Dawn