Re: sweating and being hot

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 1999
      Yes, I also barely sweat. I never use deodorant. (My sisters oversweat however.) But I get sick when it gets too hot and have had to go to the emergency rm for IV for heat exhaustion even in the house and when everyone else did it fine. Linda S.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 1999
        In a message dated 7/31/99 11:38:41 AM, bsasser@... writes:

        > She says she just feels extremely hot on the inside, sometimes this will
        >cause her to vomit. I have not asked Dr. Cohen about this yet. Does anyone
        >else get sick and vomit when they feel hot??

        DEFINITELY!

        LC
      • Curtis and Jeannine Sawyer
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 1999
          Becky,

          This sounds very much like what is described as Dysautonomia. Has
          anyone ever suggested that about Amanda. Autonomic dysfunction or
          dysautonomia are often seen with mito disease. It basically is a
          dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system. This controls all of
          the automatic things like blood pressure, heart rate and many other
          functions. Sometimes there are exaggerated responses to things that
          cause this type of reaction, that you describe.

          Both of my girls have autonomic dysfunction and I see these symptoms
          in them too. At one time, Genny had significant trouble with
          vomitting crisis, and it was very difficult to control, because again,
          it was presumed to be autonomic in origin. Sometimes it is because of
          vascular spasm or tone that is controlled by the autonomic nervous
          system, other times it seems to be triggered by things such as heat.
          There are certain chemicals that are regulated by this function of the
          nervous system, as well as counter regulatory hormones; and when there
          is a dysfunction you can see an unstable amount of these things
          floating around that might cause the symptoms that you describe.

          We've been able to find many triggers to these autonomic incidents,
          but sometimes they just happen. When my girls are stressed, or sick,
          they seem to be more prelevant. Caitlin had a very serious cardiac
          reaction one time because we gave her something too cold to drink. It
          was presumed to be a symptom of her autonomic dysfunction, but she
          went into heart block non the less... However she was very unstable
          at the time, so I think she was far more vulnerable and there were
          other things going on.

          Hope this helps,
          Jeannine

          Sasser, Becky wrote:

          > However, there are times when shes sitting in the AC that she will
          > just get very hot and flushed. She says she just feels extremely hot
          > on the inside, sometimes this will cause her to vomit.
        • Sasser, Becky
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1 2:30 AM