Re: [Mito] Yahoo made unrequested changes...

  • hilandgang@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2002
      Sue,
      THANK YOU THANK YOU for telling me about the Yahoo problem.  Indeed, all of our preferences had been reset to Yes...guess that explains alot of the spam mail we have been getting!

      ruth for the hilandgang
    • KAFoley2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2002
        OK, so how do I change my yahoo settings if I have aol. And my daughter does
        have yahoo IM but not me. I am getting lots of spams and wanted to try to
        change the yahoo settings..Sue could you give those directions again.. Maybe
        I did once upon a time make an ID to be on this list.. but I do not think so
        as was kinda transferred over to yahoo when they changed servers.
        Thx if you can help explain it to me
        Kathy Foley
      • Brian Sorensen
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2002
          Kathy:

          Same here. I've tried to get my id by putting in my email address as they
          requested and they say they can't find me. So then what do we do? If we don't
          have an ID or password? Do we email yahoogroups and indicate that we are already
          members or what? Thanks for replying.

          Lisa N. mom to Leah

        • KAFoley2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 5, 2002
            Lisa,
            I don't know.. that is why I asked. And I have to look around as I
            remember trying to get on that other mito /autism group and I think a local
            one.. but well maybe your idea is a good one. I will try that but I think
            my problem is that my typical kid I come up as her in yahoo so I guess I
            should make an ID for myself.
            Let me know if you figure it out.
            Are you getting alot of spam mail too?
            KathyFoley
          • Sue Miller
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 5, 2002
              Hi Kathy,

              Oops... I thought I had replied, but obviously I haven't. Sorry 'bout that!
              As best I can remember, when I transferred my registration from the old
              e-groups, I had to create one - including an ID - with Yahoo. It picked up
              on the fact that I was the same person who had been on e-groups when I
              entered my email address. It was a bit of a pain in the butt, but I finally
              got it worked out.

              I wish I could tell you for certain, but it's been quite a while since I did
              that. You might want to check the directory and see if you are listed -- and
              if so, what ID it lists for you. It will be in the first column if that
              hasn't been changed too.

              Sorry to be so slow in my response.

              Sue
            • Jean Shepherd
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 5, 2002
                When you make your ID for Yahoo ..... do NOT use the piece of your email address
                AFTER the @! You can use whatever name you wish. They are NOT looking for your
                email address.

                Yahoo isn't exactly user friendly!

                Jean