OT--Autism Family Scholarships 12 for 2012

  • Nicole
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2012
      Happy 2012!
      Trying to get in the holiday spirit and put some positive energy out into the universe, I came up with a fundraising idea for scholarships for Autism training. Years ago, we were fortunate enough to get a scholarship to training at the Autism Treatment Center of America, and it occurred to me last week that ATCA might not be getting as many donations this year due to the economy, so other families might not get the opportunity that we had. Note: This fundraising event is on the Internet...you don't have to leave your house to participate. I've been so inspired by the power of what individuals can do that
      I started an event to bring in 2012 with a wave of compassion. Here is the blog post: http://fetchitfido.com/waiwaihblog/?p=750

      My husband lent is musical/audio, and editing skills to the video that I wanted to do. This is our present to families impacted by Autism. One in 110 children has an Autism Spectrum Disorder. We got the video done Christmas day. My husband wanted me to do voice over for the video, and though I thought he had lost it, because I'm not a public speaker, even on a recording, but I took a shot and it
      came out pretty good. Thank goodness for being able to record takes
      over. My tongue got tied, then we got a case of the giggles, since we were very punchy because it was the wee hours of the morning. Any way, here is the YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSW2r5QMH5A A wave of compassion can form $12 at a time. $12, which is compatible the price of a couple of cheap fast food meals, would have a huge impact, if we all pitch in. I urge everyone to participate. These scholarships are for training to empower parents to teach
      their children using the The Son-Rise Program, which was 2011 AutismOne Conference award winner for "Best Autism Therapy Tool".
      I'd really appreciate it if you would share these links with your friends, and donate at least $12 yourself.
      Peace be with you!
      ---Nicole
      http://www.WhoAmIWhyAmIHere.com
      Navigating Through Life, Parenthood, Autism, Passion, Philosophy & Creative Expression