somac question (its a reflux medication)

  • Erin McKenzie-Christensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2011
      I have to trial somac a reflux medication and because im so sensitive to any medications my dr has instructed me to take 1/2 a sachet i may actually start with less however its granules cause i have difficulty swallowing. you have to disolve in juice or water and take 30 mins before food. my question is this Since im taking 1/2 a sachet (or less than that) do you think its safer to use 1/2 and then discard the rest of the granules or is it safe enough to keep them for the next dose? it would be 24 or more hours away. I dont want to make myself sick and the info i was given simply says to take half and no more info than that. I see my GP on tuesday but was hoping to start it tonight.
      I may take the safest option and just take the portion and then discard the rest and then ask him when i see him. Of course this may end up being what i take ie half the usual dose or it may end up that i can tolerate more and actually need the full sachet its totally a trial only at this stage to see if it helps. Reflux is not nice!
      any suggestions?
      from erin