Re: Long QT

  • spshaft05
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2010
      My son has been diagnosed with mitochondrial autism and he has Long QT. I am suspected of having a mito disorder of some unspecified nature, and I also have Long QT. The docs suggested we get a genetic test to find out what gene is causing this for us, but insurance wouldn't cover it, and we can't afford it. There are three different genes that can cause Long QT. Each has different risks associated with it, and one even has a different preferred treatment from the other two. Since Long QT has to do with the heart -- which is a muscle -- we were told it could be connected to the mito in some way.

      --Suzanne
      Austin's Mom