New member

  • saturdaynighttalker
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4 7:06 PM
      I've just joined tonight and, with only two other members, am not
      optimistic about being overwhelmed with e-mails.

      But I wouldn't mind. Long ago I read Love in a Cold Climate, and was
      charmed, and from then went on to read all the novels, and histories,
      and letters.

      But it's been so long! Let's spark our mutual interest in NM...
    • Helene Remer
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6 6:12 AM
        Delighted to have someone to talk to about Nancy Mitford. Did you ever
        read her biography? Rather sad.
        I don't think there is much interest in her books. Reminds me of another
        favorite author of mine, John O'Hara. In the 50's and 60's he was one of
        the hottest authors. Now, no one remembers him. I suppose that is the way
        it goes with writers.
        Helene-helenehamc@...

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs