Re: [mh] insteon.mht not showing it's getting parsed

  • Marc MERLIN
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2012
      On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 01:12:30PM -0800, Alan Womack wrote:
      > I am wondering where that file needs to be, and my .bashrc does not
      > work to put my mh path into the current $PATH variable.
      >
      > Hints on that one?

      I have this in mh.private.ini
      code_dir = /var/local/src/misterhouse/code
      and I just put my file in there.

      If you have
      debug=insteon
      you should see your devices being probed at start time.

      http://misterhouse.wikispaces.com/Insteon
      does not really give info on the new svn branch insteon code yet
      which is now getting much closer to being ready for use by all IMO, but
      you'll get basic setup info there.

      Marc
      Microsoft is to operating systems ....
      Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/

    • Eloy Paris
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2012
        On 03/05/2012 12:22 PM, Marc MERLIN wrote:

        [...]

        > http://misterhouse.wikispaces.com/Insteon
        > does not really give info on the new svn branch insteon code yet
        > which is now getting much closer to being ready for use by all IMO, but
        > you'll get basic setup info there.

        http://misterhouse.wikispaces.com/Insteon+Redux has a tiny bit of
        information about the new INSTEON stack. It's not much and some of it is
        probably outdated but the "Migration" section has some good tidbits.

        Cheers,

        Eloy Paris.-

      • Alan Womack
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2012
          I took a look at where the items.mht was in a normally installation
          and found it was in code. So I moved my insteon.mht in there and it
          started getting parsed. If I catch Neil in a email I will suggest he
          update the quick guide he has to be more explicit.

          On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Marc MERLIN <marc_mh@...> wrote:

          > I have this in mh.private.ini
          > code_dir        = /var/local/src/misterhouse/code
          > and I just put my file in there.

          I took at

          > If you have
          > debug=insteon
          > you should see your devices being probed at start time.

          I had to run the as2ph routine to get ride of the ioctl message, and
          then the probing began. However, at this moment I am thinking I have
          a defective serial port on this motherboard. I've hooked a couple of
          computers to my "null modem" cable to check that THEY work but the
          linux box doesn't seem to actually send anything yet.

          plmtools just hangs waiting for the ack that never comes.

          Tonight I will make up a loopback db9 and test to see if I get
          anything that I send out.

          So far I am using cat mh.private.ini >/dev/ttyS0 with no effect.

          I might put a multimeter on the pins and see if I can get a voltage
          change when I write.