47355Re: [mh] presence/occupancy: what person is home

  • Dan Bemowski
    Aug 16, 2014
      In reading this post, it got me thinking about something I stumbled on
      the other day. Check out this link which talks about knowing where
      people are based on where your phone is.
      http://shkspr.mobi/blog/2014/04/extracting-your-own-location-information-from-google-the-hard-way/

      Now granted the examples are shown in PHP, but the code shown is very
      short, so porting this to perl should be easy enough for a knowledgeable
      perl coder.

      It uses google location history which I found interesting. If you log
      into your google account that your phone is tied to and then visit this
      address:
      https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0/

      Now I tried looking in links on my google account to find the location
      history link above, but could not find it.

      You can select a day on the calendar and see where you, or should I say
      your phone, has been. Quite useful if your phone is stolen or lost. It
      requires that location reporting is turned on in the phone settings.
      One of the sites I was reading on this stuff said that most times this
      is on by default.

      With this information and a little prep work, your misterhouse setup can
      know where you (or any of your family members) are at any given time.

      I would be curious to know if anyone makes use of this for their
      misterhouse setup.

      Dan B.