47353Re: [mh] presence/occupancy: what person is home

  • Jim Duda
    Aug 16, 2014
      Personally, I find the Occupancy/Monitor feature of Misterhouse the best feature of all!
      It takes a while to get it working properly, but once you do, it's awesome.

      In my house, the lights go on/off as you walk through the house.
      As you approach different rooms, the light go on before you get there.
      It feels as though lights are on everywhere, but they aren't.

      The tick, IMHO, is taking the time to properly position the motion sensors.

      I have found that the big ugly X10 White Motion Sensors work the best.
      I have 1 insteon sensor which works well too.

      Don't give up on it.

      The only real problem I had was with lights getting stuck on.
      This issue drove me nuts for a long.... time.
      I finally resolved it by simply adding a watch-dog timer to the Light_Item, which fixed it for good.

      Regards,

      Jim