46933Re: [mh] Generic_Item also not sending a device id

  • George Clark
    Mar 1, 2014
      Hi Lieven,

      This one also appears to be a mh bug.

      The issue is the target= field in the xpl-stat message is incorrectly
      formed: target=mhouse.item

      The spec requires that the target either be in the form of
      "vendor-device.instance", or '*" for broadcast target. It also states:

      > For tigger and status messages the target should always be set to a
      > single wildcard symbol "*".

      If I read that correctly, it should probably be being sent as a
      broadcast instead of being a directed message. But tbh, I don't
      understand the purpose of the generic item check messages. Why are
      they being sent every minute, and how would they be used. If it is an
      explicit target, then I assume that it should be configurable?

      http://xplproject.org.uk/wiki/index.php/XPL_Specification_Document

      George