Fw: [district3news] Re: IMPORTANT AR NOTICE Sales and more

  • Noah L. Goddard
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14 11:30 AM
      What we have here is NAIS dressed in a new costume called Animal Disease
      Traceability (ADT) and driven through the back door by the USDA.
      Distasteful as it is, I have to say that the USDA is very clever and
      cunning. While we are all lulled thinking that NAIS has been abandoned,
      the USDA is vectoring in another direction. Since this new rule doesn't
      require legislation they can "slip it through" and the individual
      breeder/seller has to pay the cost.
      Thus the USDA has accomplished NAIS with no legislation and no cost to them.
      And they can now build their "premise identification" with existing data
      bases by just adding each of our names and addresses, etc., as each animal
      is sold and passes through the auction facility or transportation across
      state lines. The sale barns and veterinarians are going to be forced to be
      the bad guys and collect the fees, part of which they can keep for their
      work, for tagging animals & collecting and forwarding the information on to
      the USDA. My veterinarian said that it is inevitable and is expected to
      happen within the coming year sometime.

      Noah
      =========

      --- In district3news@yahoogroups.com, John-Derek Gray <jdgray716@...> wrote:

      PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION... I spoke to the state vet today. Scrapie tags
      and tattoos are ok for exhibiting. Microchiping is not so if you get caught
      have a tattoo or tag on the goat. For sales into AR or OUT a scrapie tag IS
      required. This is for register stock as well. After this fall with the new
      federal regulations he also warned me tattoos registered or not, exhibiting
      or not would more then likely NOT be acceptable. He also said to watch for
      this across the US as they seemed to be going all tag nothing else. Hope
      this helps.

      John-Derek Gray
      http://www.grayrobinranch.com
      Serving N.W. Arkansas and N.E. Oklahoma