NAIS

  • sue_huston
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 2, 2006
      I am joining this group because I believe that we need many to fight
      NAIS. I hope that soon there will be lots of members to work together
      aganist NAIS. Our right to live the good life is at stake here.

      Sue Huston
    • Sue Huston
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 3, 2006
        Have goat breeders given any thought to the fact that NAIS could mean the end to goats in the United States? I think all the dairy breeds would be most venerable. The Kinder Association believes that NAIS could very well mean the end of the Kinder breed. Most of our animals are in the hands of families, people wanting them for mainly milk and milk products, as food for their tables. Many of these families will not be able to comply to all the rules and regulations of NAIS. (My self included.) Can you see how NAIS will effect not only the Kinder breed but many others all across our country? If people are unable to comply and must get rid of their goats then who is going to be left to breed and carry on these lines? This is not only about our rights of ownership and our rights to privacy but this could mean the end to many goat breeds. SAD! So very sad.

        I thank all of you that are working so hard to oppose NAIS. I will continue to fight NAIS until the day I die. Thanks again, you are a marvelous group. I am so very proud to know you.

        The Kinder Goat Association is so lucky to have at its helm, Pat Showalter, who has the vision to see what is happening and what could happen in the future regarding NAIS. Pat is working hard opposing NAIS along with all the rest of you.

        Sue Huston
      • sue_huston
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 5, 2006
        • Robert Solita
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 5, 2006
            Part of the following article references NAIS---
            D o w n s i z e r - D i s p a t c h

            There is something about the mass human mind that continues to make the same mistakes over and over again. The man on the street says . . .
            Our leaders know things we don't know, so I support whatever they want to do. Anyone who wants to protect their privacy from government scrutiny must have something to hide. Bad things are being done, but it's the underlings who are doing it, and if only the President, or the King, or the Fuhrer, knew about it, he would stop it. I'm okay with trading freedom for security. The Federal government needs to handle this problem.
            But history teaches a different story. Our leaders don't know much, even when they spend billions on intelligence gathering. Governments almost always misuse personal information to harm the innocent. The President, the King, or the Fuhrer, almost always knows about the bad things his underlings are doing. We give up our freedom, but we hardly ever get increased security in return. The Federal government centralizes things, and the common result is that we all suffer.
            The concrete examples to illustrate these points are too numerous to list. And our leaders are busy creating new ones every day. For instance, we were told that federalizing airline security would make us all safer, but avenues for terrorist attack on airplanes remain wide open, while everyone in America suffers through cumbersome airport security measures that are worse than useless. We would have been much better off if government had gotten out of the business entirely, and left the airlines to compete with a hundred different, DECENTRALIZED, approaches to airline security.
            But the beat goes on . . .
            We are now told that massive, centralized databases, like REAL ID and NAIS, the National Animal Identification System, will make us all safer. But the truth is that a fool and his identity are soon parted. Whenever you centralize anything, especially in the hands of government, you create conditions for massive failures that harm everyone. Perhaps you will have noticed in the news that . . .
            A federal employee of the Veterans Administration just walked out the door with a massive centralized government database of veterans, and promptly lost it, had it stolen, or sold it. Now millions of Americans are scrambling to protect their identities, at a cost that must surely amount to billions of dollars and billions of hours of lost time. Now imagine the same thing happening with a REAL ID or NAIS database.
            It is up to us to end the litany of repetitive stupidity. It is up to us to point out the lessons of history, and act on them. It is up to us to blunt, stop, and eventually reverse, the centralizing tendencies of politicians, and the fool on the street. It is up to us to build the army, and apply the pressure that will be needed to Downsize DC. And so we take another step in that direction today . . .
            NO MORE CENTRALIZED GOVERNMENT DATABASES!
            Please send a message to Congress demanding that they repeal the REAL ID Act. You can do so here.
            And after you've done that, please send another message asking Congress to stop NAIS, the National Animal Identification System. You can do so here.
            Thank you for being a DC Downsizer. Thank you for not being just another "fool on the street."
            Perry Willis
            Communications Director
            DownsizeDC.org, Inc.

            D o w n s i z e r - D i s p a t c h
            is the official email list of DownsizeDC.org, Inc. & Downsize DC Foundation
            CONTRIBUTE to the Electronic Lobbyist project
            http://www.DownsizeDC.org is sponsored by DownsizeDC.org, Inc. -- a non-profit educational organization promoting the ideas of individual liberty, personal responsibility, free markets, and small government.
            You are encouraged to forward this message to friends and business associates, and permission is hereby granted to reproduce any items herein as long as attribution is provided for articles and the subscription instructions above are included.

          • Greg Siegrist
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 27, 2006
              Most of us wouldn't think of consuming our horses....but foreigners do! Do
              you think that NAIS is interested in horses for this reason? It is about
              profit, money, control and power.

              I have lived in MO for upteen years now....and the only organization that
              sends me literature with Peppercorn Morgans on it has been from the AMHA.

              Have they given out memberships names, addresses etc. to the USDA? I'm
              asking because this year I got a questionaire sent to Peppercorn Morgans
              from the National Agricultural Statistics Service...and the postage was paid
              by the USDA! The title page was labeled; "2006 Agricultural Identification
              Survey." I found the questions invasive of my privacy and never
              responded...they even sent a second so-called survey. I never responded to
              that one either.

              *************************************

              Currently, three foreign-owned slaughterhouses in the United States are
              killing horses for human consumption. They are Beltex Corporation in Ft.
              Worth, Texas; Dallas Crown in Kaufman, Texas and Cavel International in
              DeKalb, Illinois. According to the US Department of Agriculture, 65,976
              horses were slaughtered in 2004, up from 50,564 killed the previous year. In
              addition to the horses killed in the three US-based plants, thousands more
              are transported under deplorable conditions across our borders into Canada
              and Mexico to be slaughtered.

              Last year the total # of horses slaughtered was 90,000 for human
              consumption in Europe and Asia. Horsemeat is considered a delicacy and in
              some cultures and it sells for as much as $15 a pound.

              Texas, where the other two slaughter facilities owned by Belgium and France
              are located, passed legislation banning horse slaughter for consumption last
              year.

              "When the Texas facilities are closed, Illinois will be the only state that
              allows that practice," said Carol Chapman of the Last Refuge, an
              organization that rescues unwanted horses.

              www.peppercornmorgans.com
              "Anything forced or misunderstood, can never be beautiful."
              Xenophon
            • Sue Huston
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 13, 2007
                NAIS

                Anita and Paul, I wonder how many of those premise numbers registered are a result of 4-H and FFA? They know that the young people want to show and badly enough to register if that is what it takes.

                Sue Huston
              • Paul Hamby
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 13, 2007
                  Very good point Sue,

                  In other states we have seen where the USDA used the students to accomplish this - even bribing them to go out and get premise ID's

                  Paul Hamby
                  Anita and Paul, I wonder how many of those premise numbers registered are a result of 4-H and FFA? They know that the young people want to show and badly enough to register if that is what it takes.

                  Sue Huston
                • Anita Janes
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 13, 2007
                    And how many registered their parents place without the parent knowing?  Sure your supposed to be 18 to do something like this but since when has that stopped the government?  Since we aren't part of the "Goup" we may never know... I think what we need to do is start giving these kids better "prizes" for showing under us rather than the various shows.. that way these kids can show without the premise ID's being forced on them and us... what do you think?
                    AJ

                    --
                    AJ & Nick
                    Carpi Diem Goats

                    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
                    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
                    skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body
                    thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!
                  • Sue Diederich
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 31, 2007
                      Here's the reply.....

                      Sue in IL

                      If you've never heard of NAIS, please inform yourself immediately. EVERYONE WHO EATS NEEDS TO KNOW! Find the info you need by going to www.nonais.org. Follow the money trail.

                      Message 10 of 19 , May 31, 2007
                        Wow. A completely brain washed individual. And so
                        polite, too!

                        -not-

                        =d

                        Bored stiff? Loosen up...
                        http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
                      • Susan Barackman
                        Message 11 of 19 , May 31, 2007
                          how many pigs does she have?
                           will she have to tag and track every single one or does she qualify for a lot number?
                          does she know the history behind NAIS so the big ag can benefit on our backs?
                          sb

                          Message 12 of 19 , May 31, 2007
                            Wish I had gotten this before I sent my on... it is EXACTLY the
                            same letter... more than brain washed... a darn form letter..
                            so that just proved our letters wasn't even read...
                            AJ

                          • Leslie Stauffer
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 31, 2007
                              What an ignorant person.

                              Leslie

[...]

                              Please help stop the National Animal I.D program!!

                              Got a little couch potato?

                            • Anita Janes
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 1, 2007
                                Yes and what is scary... she is being used as the spokesperson...
                                AJ

                                On 5/31/07, Leslie Stauffer <lessta65571@...> wrote:

                                What an ignorant person.

                                Leslie

                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 15, 2007
                                  Don't know how much is true...just know all of us need to keep pushing to get rid of NAIS.

                                  http://www.dailyyonder.com/animal-tagging-plan-put-back-burner

                                  http://www.dailyyonder.com/speak-your-piece-government-requires-children-play-tag

                                  www.peppercornmorgans.com
                                • Greg Siegrist
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 19, 2009
                                    United we stand.............divided we fall. We have to help each other
                                    and not be species specific.

                                    www.peppercornmorgans.com
                                    The Original Morgan Horse Society

                                    Together, we can beat NAIS and that is exactly what we are going to do!
                                    Thanks,
                                    Noah
                                  • Doreen
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 19, 2009
                                      The bottom line about any tyrannical government any where in the world is that it ALL comes down to the consent of the governed. So yes, we can beat this, and we do have to hang together or hang separately. If we don't care to protect the freedoms of others, we will lose our own freedoms in short order.

                                       Doreen

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 19, 2009
                                        I think it was last week that I heard part of an Obama speech and I
                                        cringed when I heard him utter the word "stakeholder."
                                        Deb

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Feb 19, 2009
                                          I just got through posting a comment to the gov/regulation site. I have
                                          been meaning to do it for awhile..........so.
                                          I really don't care anymore if they do come get me. I did the right
                                          thing and gave them a piece of my mind. There is power in numbers and I
                                          have had enough of these "NAIS control freaks" to last a lifetime.

                                          www.peppercornmorgans.com
                                          The Original Morgan Horse Society

                                          I'm so far beyond having anonymity that I am wearing a target shirt
                                          past military crest. If they want me, they know where to find me, and
                                          while I will fight, I will not run as this is MY land and they are a
                                          government out of control and therefore illegitimate. It brings to mind
                                          lines from Atlas Shrugged....and The Prisoner, too. But anyway, we only
                                          have to continue to stand.

                                          =d