Re: [Minor_Prophets] FW: Re: Who's Will will be done?

  • jim garcia
    Message 1 of 138 , Jul 31, 2005
      RE:  In these final days, when the Reformed community should be sticking together, they are being torn apart by self-appointed teachers and theologians.
      Ken, we do not get to decide how God's end-time program will develop. While you (and others) may desperately desire that the church unify and strengthen, that is not God's plan and it will always cause you frustration - until you submit to His Will rather than your desire. In these final days, we are witnessing God's judgement on the church and the seperation of wheat and tares. Do not expect something else.
      I used to call Harold, "The High Priest of Predestination."  Now you hear 5% of bible doctrine and 95% of Depart Out.

      God's command to "come out" and "depart out" is, in fact, the Word of God and every bit as much the Gospel as doctrines on total depravity, unconditional election, limited atonement, etc.  Again, you do not get to limit the Gospel to areas that you want, you must submit to the whole counsel of God.

      False teachings do not emanate from a God who tells only truth.

      Increased understanding of God's Word (progressive revelation) is the norm throughout history.  You know this to be true, but are building another strawman in order to help support your case.  Let's get real.

      This is why I oppose Depart Out and always will.

      You oppose God's command to come out of Babylon because you want something else, or because you are under strong delusion.  I read your posts very carefully and have yet to see you present any Biblical Validation to support your position.  You use selective verses which do not harmonize with the rest of Scripture. As I stated in a previous post, isolating Scripture allows all manner of error - is the foundation to all false doctrine and the means of providing (self) comfort when we don't like what God says.

      Do You Yahoo!?

    • renntech750
      Message 138 of 138 , Jan 4, 2007
        Hi Rev. VanderWal:

        I trust that you and your family are doing well, and that you enjoyed
        a blessed Christmas celebration.

        While preparing to respond to Ken's most recent post to me, I began
        searching through your old posts for one in particular - one in which
        you gave a particularly faithful and succinct distillation of
        salvation by grace. About a week earlier or later, Leon quoted a
        contemporary Reformed Baptist minister likewise offering an equally
        wonderful and faithful summary of salvation, but it seemed easier to
        search through your posts.

        My purpose was to remind Ken, and hopefully Latter Rain drifters by,
        that the true and faithful gospel was preached hundreds of years ago,
        and continues to be today. I didn't find your earlier post, but
        stumbled upon on this one which caught my attention.

        Ok. Your response flew right over me then. But, this time, it not
        only makes sense, but seems to call into question whether "spiritual
        understanding," "deeper spiritual truth," or the use of the term
        "spiritual" should be used at all with regard to allegorical

        That "...no man can come to me [Christ] except the Father draw him..."
        is a truth which can and is both understood and accepted by the
        regenerate and unregenerate alike. It is interpreted "spiritually" by
        the regenerate, and remains a "proverb" to the unregenerate.

        Well, it just occurred to me that allegory (to those who subscribe to
        it - as myself to some extent) is no different. Theoretically, one
        could develop a dictionary of all the words in the Bible, and apply
        allegorical meanings to those words (eg. "rock" means this, the number
        four means the other thing, etc.). With this in hand, the reader
        could supposedly dissect a historical passage, for example, and
        discover some Biblical truth which otherwise would not be apparent.
        Of course, and according to most all who study this way, that Biblical
        truth must agree with what is already taught clearly elsewhere in
        order to confirm its accuracy.

        So, we would arrive at the same point as the one who does not use
        allegory - albeit, via a more complicated route. That is, the
        discovered Biblical truth would be "spiritually" understood by the
        regenerate, and remain a "proverb" to the unregenerate - yet, both
        should have equal ability to arrive at that truth.

        There does seem to be a sense among some that the acceptance and
        pursuit of allegorical interpretation is somehow evidence of
        regeneration. In fact, our hermeneutical style or abilities can't
        save us any more than works. Only God can can reveal the "spiritual"
        interpretation of scripture as His Spirit witnesses with our spirits
        that we are the sons of God.

        Anyway, thank you for that post. I hope you are enjoying the same
        unseasonably warm weather that we are in the east. Take care.

        --- In Minor_Prophets@yahoogroups.com, "Martin VanderWal" <pastor@...>