PC Sync connector

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2003
      Simon Harris <simonjamesharris@...>
      wrote
      <I've thought of a way of adding a PC sync socket
      <to my Dynax 5, but I'm a bit short on specifications
      <for the sync socket itself. The information I'm after
      <is:............

      I dont know if this will help AF aficionados,but to use my
      360px on my Dimage 7i, I got a special Minolta adapter based on the FS1100
      It is called a Minolta FS-PC Adapter part# 8825-0000-00
      It fits 4 pin shoe on 7i which I think is same as AF flash connector and has on top 3 pin connectors like 360px (or 4000AF 2800AF 1200AF)and on the side is a PC socket.
      Can't vouch for tha AF as I sway between Rokkor and
      Dimage

      HTH

      Mike Nobbs
      King's Lynn
      England

    • Robert Lynch
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2003
        At 08:11 PM 5/1/2003 +0100, "Mike" <viking01@...> wrote:
        >I dont know if this will help AF aficionados,but to use my
        >360px on my Dimage 7i, I got a special Minolta adapter based on the FS1100
        >It is called a Minolta FS-PC Adapter part# 8825-0000-00
        >It fits 4 pin shoe on 7i which I think is same as AF flash connector and
        >has on top 3 pin connectors like 360px (or 4000AF 2800AF 1200AF)and on the
        >side is a PC socket.

        I have one too. It will not work on the Maxxum/Dynax 5 or any of the later
        cameras to fire a flash with the PC socket. Are you putting your 360px on
        top or using a cable connected to the PC socket?
      • John Pendley
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2003
          Hello all,

          Answer to my question of a few days ago.... No, the 5400HS, etc, will not
          work in wireless mode on the Stroboframe because the flash won't fit in the
          Stroboframe's shoe. Duh.

          John
        • Robert Lynch
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2003
            --- John Pendley <jpendley@...> wrote:
            > Answer to my question of a few days ago.... No, the 5400HS, etc, will not
            > work in wireless mode on the Stroboframe because the flash won't fit in the
            > Stroboframe's shoe. Duh.

            YMMV, but the shoe on my bracket is held on by a standard 1/4x20 stud. The
            stand that comes with the 5400HS has a 1/4x20 hole in the bottom.

            I still didn't go wireless, though. I didn't want to deal with the resticted
            shutter speeds, so I bought an OS-1100 (fits on the bracket's shoe) and an
            OC-1100.

            http://search.yahoo.com
          • John Pendley
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2003
              >No, the 5400HS, etc, will not
              > > work in wireless mode on the Stroboframe because the flash won't fit in
              > the
              > > Stroboframe's shoe. Duh.
              >
              >YMMV, but the shoe on my bracket is held on by a standard 1/4x20 stud. The
              >stand that comes with the 5400HS has a 1/4x20 hole in the bottom.
              >
              >I still didn't go wireless, though. I didn't want to deal with the resticted
              >shutter speeds, so I bought an OS-1100 (fits on the bracket's shoe) and an
              >OC-1100.

              Thanks, Robert. It turns out that my Stroboframe's shoe is held on with a
              thumb screw. I tried the setup, and the 5400 does "see" enough of the
              on-camera flash to fire wireless! And this is in a well-lighted room. Neat.

              John

            • Simon Harris
              Message 6 of 8 , May 2, 2003
                Mike,

                thanks for the thought, but I have the impression that
                the adaptor doesn't work with the 5. In fact from
                posts from a while ago I get the impression that the
                same Minolta hot-shoe on its different incarnations of
                AF and digital cameras now hosts 3 slightly
                incompatible variants of the flash control signals -
                * those that can use the FS1100 PC adaptor
                * those that can use the Dimage 7i PC adaptor
                * and the Dynax 5 (and probably 4/3i?) which can't
                use either!

                I have no idea about what works with the slightly
                earlier range than the 5 (e.g. Dynax 505, 404, etc.
                - and whatever they're called in the US).

                Simon.

                --- Mike <viking01@...> wrote:
                > I dont know if this will help AF aficionados,but to
                > use my
                > 360px on my Dimage 7i, I got a special Minolta
                > adapter based on the FS1100
                > It is called a Minolta FS-PC Adapter part#
                > 8825-0000-00
                > It fits 4 pin shoe on 7i which I think is same as AF
                > flash connector and has on top 3 pin connectors like
                > 360px (or 4000AF 2800AF 1200AF)and on the side is a
                > PC socket.
                > Can't vouch for tha AF as I sway between Rokkor and
                > Dimage

                Yahoo! Plus
                For a better Internet experience
                http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer
              • Mike
                Message 7 of 8 , May 2, 2003
                  At 08:11 PM 5/1/2003 +0100, "Mike" <viking01@...> wrote:
                  >>I dont know if this will help AF aficionados,but to use >my
                  >>360px on my Dimage 7i, I got a special Minolta >>adapter based on the FS1100
                  >>It is called a Minolta FS-PC Adapter part# 8825-0000-00
                  >>It fits 4 pin shoe on 7i which I think is same as AF flash connector and
                  >>has on top 3 pin connectors like 360px (or 4000AF 2800AF 1200AF)and on the
                  >>side is a PC socket.
                  Robert Lynch <robalynch@...>
                  wrote
                  >I have one too. It will not work on the Maxxum/Dynax 5 or any of the later
                  >cameras to fire a flash with the PC socket. Are you putting your 360px on
                  >top or using a cable connected to the PC socket?

                  I usually put 360px on top as it has not got a PC socket, but If I take it off and connect
                  pc cord to FS-PC and hold male pc jack on 2 contacts of the 360px Dimage will fire 360 px whilst off camera.
                  I thought dimage 7i and Dynax flash compatibility were the same ??
                  HTH
                  Mike

                • lensman3
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 2, 2003
                    Physical compatibility exists after the 7000 series ended. 7000i and forward use the same physical shoe. The only incompatibility I know of is the 7/7i/7Hi use only 3600 and 5600, and the two close-up flashes, and that is electronic not physical.
                    >>I dont know if this will help AF aficionados,but to use >my
                    >>360px on my Dimage 7i, I got a special Minolta >>adapter based on the FS1100
                    >>It is called a Minolta FS-PC Adapter part# 8825-0000-00
                    >>It fits 4 pin shoe on 7i which I think is same as AF flash connector and
                    >>has on top 3 pin connectors like 360px (or 4000AF 2800AF 1200AF)and on the
                    >>side is a PC socket.
                    Robert Lynch <robalynch@...>
                    wrote
                    >I have one too. It will not work on the Maxxum/Dynax 5 or any of the later
                    >cameras to fire a flash with the PC socket. Are you putting your 360px on
                    >top or using a cable connected to the PC socket?

                    I usually put 360px on top as it has not got a PC socket, but If I take it off and connect
                    pc cord to FS-PC and hold male pc jack on 2 contacts of the 360px Dimage will fire 360 px whilst off camera.
                    I thought dimage 7i and Dynax flash compatibility were the same ??
                    HTH
                    Mike

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor